[xsd-users] XML within XML

Javier Gutierrez javier.gutierrez at web.de
Tue Aug 6 03:57:01 EDT 2019

Hello there,

currently I am using a different DOM XML parser for my XMLs, with no XSD
support
I would like to switch to a XSD based decoding for better validation and
easy-accessing.

I have below scenario. My challenge is that once the whole document is
parsed, I need to pass their corresponding piece of XML (namely
<config>) to each of the modules, they will have their own XSD for it.

In the main XSD I am trying to do this with <any> for <config>. But then
I am not sure how to pass the decoded item to the modules. I am thinking
about serializing them back and passing them down as text, but I want to
know if there is a better way.

Thank you very much for your time..

<mainConfig>
     <somestuff>
     </somestuff>
     <moduleList>
         <module>
             <name>module1</name>
             <config>
                 <blahblah>Configuration for module 1</blahblah>
             <config>
         </module>
         <module>
             <name>module2</name>
             <config>
                 <blahblah>Configuration for module 2</blahblah>
             <config>
         </module>
     </moduleList>
     <someotherstuff>