[xsd-users] Re: Serializer prints xmlns attribute of new elements after emitting thousands of them

Yury Zaytsev yury.zaytsev at traveltainment.de
Mon Mar 9 08:01:49 EDT 2015

Hi,

On Fri, 6 Mar 2015, Yury Zaytsev wrote:

> This prints the xmlns attributes for the root element as expected
> according to my infomap, doesn't print it for <Accommodations> tag as
> expected, and also for the first few of the <Accommodation> tags, but
> then mystically at some point new tags are printed like this:
> <Accommodation xmlns="http://..."> .

It looks like I've managed to reproduce this surprising behavior by making
minor modifications to the standard streaming example shipped with the
latest version of XSD; please find the diff showing the necessary changes,
as well as a sample output attached. I've added the loop only to emit a
just a bit over the required magic number of elements; on my machine the
threshold seems to be ~500 items.

The effect can be seen in the attached sample output file: the driver
first outputs the elements as expected, and then starts adding a
superfluous xmlns="..." attribute to each next element, just as it does
for me in my setting. Therefore, the problem seems to be independent of my
specific schema, the way I create elements, etc.

I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 x86_64, latest binary release of XSD, gcc 4.9.2
and xerces-c 3.1.1-5. Is there any additional information that I can
provide in order to reproduce this issue?

All the best,

--
Dr. Yury V. Zaytsev
Senior Software Developer

TravelTainment GmbH
Carlo-Schmid-Straße 12
52146 Würselen/Aachen, Germany
yury.zaytsev at traveltainment.de

http://www.traveltainment.de

Amtsgericht Aachen, HRB 15873
Geschäftsführer: Bernhard Steffens (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Oliver Rengelshausen