[xsd-users] link problem only in Release mode

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Jun 15 11:52:24 EDT 2015

Hi,

tsroynciitraoln <tsroynciitraoln at gmail.com> writes:

> With all theses files, I generate a DLL, all is ok in Debug and in Release
>
> Another project uses this DLL, in Debug mode, all is ok; but in release
> mode I got this error :

The fact that you only get three unresolved symbols suggests that
most likely there are some compiler settings in your second project
in Release mode that makes it treat inline functions differently
compared to the way DLL was built. I.e., the DLL build "thinks"
they are inline and therefore don't get exported while the
project build thinks they are not inline and expects them in
the DLL. In particular, you may want to check optimization and
runtime options.

If that doesn't help, another option would be to try and export
everything for build-in types with the --export-xml-schema option.
Check the XSD compiler documentation for details.