[xsd-users] Streaming and Xerces-C++ runtime initialization

Yury Zaytsev yury.zaytsev at traveltainment.de
Fri Feb 13 05:38:05 EST 2015

Hi Boris,

Thank you very much for the quick and concise answer:

> Christian is spot on: you are terminating the runtime before destroying the
> serializer object, which has all kinds of Xerces-C++ stuff as its data members. I
> bet this will work: <...>

Yes, as Christian suggested, it worked after I commented out the termination of the runtime (thanks, Christian!). Indeed, your proposed solution works as well; I'll be more careful about it in the future.

While we are at it, do you happen have any plans for inclusion of the serializer in the standard XSD runtime rather than keeping it as an example only? For now, I've hacked up a patch to convert it to use unique_ptr<>, which I can post if it would help, and included it directly in my project. However, since I include the runtime anyways, it would be easier maintenance-wise rather than checking whether anything has changed with every new version, and applying custom patches on top, etc.

Many thanks,

Dr. Yury V. Zaytsev
Senior Software Developer
IT Data Production

TravelTainment GmbH
Carlo-Schmid-Straße 12
52146 Würselen/Aachen, Germany
yury.zaytsev at traveltainment.de

http://www.traveltainment.de

Amtsgericht Aachen, HRB 15873
Geschäftsführer: Bernhard Steffens (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Oliver Rengelshausen