[xsd-users] Streaming and Xerces-C++ runtime initialization

Yury Zaytsev yury.zaytsev at traveltainment.de
Thu Feb 12 09:44:18 EST 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to adopt the streaming example to my needs (that is re-use serializer.cxx/serializer.hxx directly in my project), so that I don't have to hold large collections of sub-elements in memory, but rather write them to disk as soon as they are processed. Unfortunately, I'm getting a segfault upon the finalization of the runtime. If you replace the original driver.cxx of the streaming example with the trivial code below, same sort of segfault happens. I'm using C++/Tree mapping with serialization functions only, and don't need parsing at all. Could you please hint me at where the problem might lie? I'm clearly missing something obvious. Many thanks!

int
main (int argc, char* argv[])
{

  // We need to initialize the Xerces-C++ runtime because we are doing
  // the XML-to-DOM parsing ourselves.
  //
  xercesc::XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize ();

  serializer s;

  xercesc::XMLPlatformUtils::Terminate ();

}

Dr. Yury V. Zaytsev
Senior Software Developer
IT Data Production

TravelTainment GmbH
Carlo-Schmid-Straße 12
52146 Würselen/Aachen, Germany
yury.zaytsev at traveltainment.de

http://www.traveltainment.de

Amtsgericht Aachen, HRB 15873
Geschäftsführer: Bernhard Steffens (Vorsitzender)
Dr. Oliver Rengelshausen