[xsd-users] "must-be-one-of' choices in xsd

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Apr 30 11:00:52 EDT 2014

Hi Rob,

Rob Ursem <Rob.Ursem at cmgl.ca> writes:

> What is the main difference between the two?

XSD/e was specifically designed for mobile/embedded platforms and
only provides essential functionality where XSD has a lot of "nice
to have" features and is a lot more flexible/powerful. But quite
a few people use XSD/e in general-purpose applications.

> Also there was an earlier message about an upcoming XSD 4 release.
> When is that due

We are working to make a release in the next month or two.

> and is XSD/e trailing on that release schedule?

We do plan to release a news version of XSD/e as well, though there
is no definite schedule.

Is there anything in particular that you are looking for in the
newer versions of XSD and XSD/e?