[xsd-users] Cross-compiling xsd

Ray Lischner rlischner at proteuseng.com
Mon May 20 08:17:06 EDT 2013

From: Boris Kolpackov [boris at codesynthesis.com]
> ... Normally, you would cross-
> compile XSD for the host, run it, and then cross-compile the generated
> code for the traget. Then copy the result to the target and run it there.
> Won't this more canonical approach work for you?

I want to run all the tests on the target system. So I need to build xsd natively, run xsd on all the schemas in tests. But I don't want to compile the C++ files in tests/ natively. Either I want to compile them on the target system, or compile them with a different configuration.

Is there a make target that runs xsd on all the test schemas, but does not run the C++ compiler to build the test driver programs?

Or is there a way to reconfigure the build variables without deleting any object files? I guess I can run the interactive make dialogs and save all the configuration-dynamic.make files for the target, then make disfigure and make again for the host. Run make in xsd. Replace all the configuration-dynamic.make files and run make in tests/.

Ray Lischner,
Distinguished Member of Technical Staff
133 National Business Pkwy, Ste 150     t. 443.539.3448
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701            c. 410.854.9787
rlischner at proteuseng.com                f. 443.539.3370