[xsd-users] XSD export symbol.

Juan Puertos Juan.Puertos at g-cluster.com
Mon Dec 9 08:25:40 EST 2013

Hi all,

Refactoring my project in order to have all the generated stuff by Codesynthesis XSD in a dll I've encountered one problem. I am using this guide<http://wiki.codesynthesis.com/Using_XSD_with_Microsoft_Visual_Studio>, (Using VisualStudio 2012 dough), when I try to add the export symbol option xsd.exe reports following error:

2>  xsd cxx-tree xsd\Base.xsd
2>CXX_TREE_MAPPING_RULE : error : '"export.hxx"' is not a valid filesystem path
2>C:\Projects\Foo\vc-10.0\xsd-cxx-tree.targets(45,5): error MSB3721: The command "xsd.exe cxx-tree --generate-inline --generate-forward --generate-serialization --generate-ostream --output-dir "." --hxx-suffix ".hxx" --cxx-suffix ".cxx" --ixx-suffix ".ixx" --fwd-suffix "-fwd.hxx" --export-symbol "--hxx-prologue "#include \"export.hxx\"""    xsd\Base.xsd" exited with code 1.

Even I have created the "export.hxx" file and all. It is curious that "--hxx-prologue "#include \"export.hxx\""" appears quoted even I didn't put it quote it. If I skip the "export symbol" option it works fine, but then I can not link against the generated .dll.

Thanks,
Juan V. Puertos

Confidentiality Notice
This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message. Unauthorized copying, disclosure, distribution or other use of this information, or taking any action in reliance upon this information is prohibited.