[xsd-users] Mac OS X need to link against static Boost / xerces_c

Chris Green greenc at fnal.gov
Thu Dec 5 09:27:01 EST 2013

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Following your advice, I got past the,
"got to do it the same way it's been done before" block, and I have been
able to retire the patch solution on all platforms!

On 12/5/13 1:21 AM, Boris Kolpackov wrote:
<snip>
>> I'm by no means an expert compiling on OS X, although it seems that
>> the static xerces_c library introduces a need to link against (at
>> least) the CoreFoundations framework.
>>
>> Yes, adding "-framework CoreFoundation" to the LIBS variable as shown
>> above should do the trick.
I additionally needed the Carbon platform on Mac, but that was trivial
to add on top of your solution.
>> I should note that we need to do this because all of our own code is
>> built for C++2011 (-std=c++11), and therefore C++2011-compiled
>> versions of Boost and xerces_c are what are available in
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH at the time we are invoking xsd -- either xsd has to
>> be compiled statically against these libraries or it must be
>> compiled C++2011. We have been unable to do the latter thus far
> Will try to make sure XSD compiles in the C++11 mode for the upcoming
> release.
Thank you!
> Boris
Best,