[xsd-users] Error linking with xerces-c_static_3.lib

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Dec 5 09:14:55 EST 2013

Hi Michael,

Wacenovsky, Michael <michael.wacenovsky at siemens.com> writes:

> I downloaded xerces-c_static_3.lib to statically link my project,
> using DOM tree parser.
>
> I get following errors:

Have you defined the XERCES_STATIC_LIBRARY macro when building your
project? Quoting from the Xerces-C++ website (Build Instructions;
Windows section):

"If you are linking your application to the static Xerces-C++ library, then
you will need to compile your application with the XERCES_STATIC_LIBRARY
preprocessor macro defined in order to turn off the DLL import/export
mechanism."

> After changing to (No (/Zc:wchar_t-) and recompilation, it gets even worse:

No, you should leave native wchar_t enabled.