[xsd-users] xsd cannot find elements defined in XMLSchema.xsd [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Steve Cameron Steve.Cameron at aad.gov.au
Wed Oct 31 00:22:28 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to compile the Xforms 1.1 schema, but I get errors related to the XMLSchema.xsd as below:

e:\XMLSchema.dtd:390:13: warning: attribute 'id' has already been declared for element 'xs:appinfo'
e:\XMLSchema.dtd:395:13: warning: attribute 'id' has already been declared for element 'xs:documentation'
e:\XMLSchema.xsd:177:47: error: type 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:derivationControl' not found
e:\XMLSchema.xsd:197:54: error: type 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:reducedDerivationControl' not found
e:\XMLSchema.xsd:196:19: error: unknown simpleType '{null}'
e:\XMLSchema.xsd:207:47: error: type 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:derivationControl' not found
e:\XMLSchema.xsd:229:51: error: type 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:typeDerivationControl' not found
e:\XMLSchema.xsd:228:19: error: unknown simpleType '{null}'
e:\XMLSchema.xsd:255:95: error: simpleType 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:fullDerivationSet' for attribute 'finalDefault' not found
e:\XMLSchema.xsd:256:86: error: simpleType 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:blockSet' for attribute 'blockDefault' not found
e:\XMLSchema.xsd:257:107: error: simpleType 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:formChoice' for attribute 'attributeFormDefault' not found
e:\XMLSchema.xsd:258:105: error: simpleType 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:formChoice' for attribute 'elementFormDefault' not found

etc....

These relate to elements declared with XMLSchema.xsd itself!

I am running on windows with the latest download of XSD.

Stephen Cameron
Antarctic Fisheries Computing and Database Support Provider
Australian Antarctic Division
Kingston, Tasmania

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CDB77B.6274BAD0]
Phone: 03 62323571

    Australian Antarctic Division - Commonwealth of Australia
IMPORTANT: This transmission is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that use or dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited by Commonwealth law. If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or by telephoning +61 3 6232 3209 and
DELETE the message.
        Visit our web site at http://www.antarctica.gov.au/