[xsd-users] Splitting a long schema with <include> fails

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu Nov 8 09:37:48 EST 2012

Hi Dan,

Johnston, Dan <Daniel.Johnston at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> writes:

> "C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeSynthesis XSD 3.3\bin\xsd.exe" cxx-parser
> --prologue "// Copyright NRC" --generate-polymorphic --root-element-last
> --generate-print-impl --generate-test-driver --force-overwrite \
> definitionschema.xsd
>
> Code is not generated for the second file.
> I have a "definitionschema-pskel.hxx/cxx file, and the header has a
> line which includes a "parmeshschema-pskel.hxx" file (similarly for
> the pimpl files), but there are NO parmeshschema* files generated.

You need to compile the second schema file as well (probably without
--generate-test-driver).

Also note that the generated test driver and the sample implementation
don't take into account polymorphism. See this recent post for details:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/pipermail/xsd-users/2012-November/003765.html