[xsd-users] Serialize elements to xml with no namespace decorations

James & Veri Martin verimart at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 6 12:39:54 EST 2012

> Yes, see the 'streaming' example.

Great - thanks!
> This is a Xerces-C++ limitation that we are planning to fix for the next
> release (i.e., allow serialization of an XML fragment as if it was in
> a context of some outer element). For now, depending on how your schema,
> uses XML namespaces, you may have to live with some extra namespace
> information.

Ok - thank you.  It looks like the generated serialization code can also be modified to replace the generated namespace values with empty strings as a workaround, which omits these attributes during serialization.  This isn't preferable obviously, but for this specific usage it seems workable since the root element is getting written out manually.

James