[xsd-users] xsd internationalization.

Dmitry Chernov diman4ik.chernov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 00:16:03 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com> wrote:
> Hi Dmitry,
>
> In the future please keep your replies CC'ed to the xsd-users mailing
> list as discussed in the posting guidelines:
>
> http://www.codesynthesis.com/support/posting-guidelines.xhtml
>

> Dmitry Chernov <diman4ik.chernov at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> > Essentially, we would add another option, say --custom-identifiers,
>> > with which you will be able to pass an XML file that contains mappings
>> > between Cyrillic names and the Latin names that should be used instead
>> > in the C++ code
>>
>> That would be good option I think.
>
> I am still not convinced it is worth spending time on that, though.
> Schemas with non-Latin element/attribute names are quite rare. In
> fact, you are the first person trying to use one with XSD.
>
> What about the DOM pre/post-processing approach? I realize it is
> more work for you (instead of for us ;-)) but maybe it is the right
> way to handle this "unusual" case?
>
> Boris

Maybe. The difference in our case is that preprocessing can be done
once during development because we know all the xsd the program will
be working with. But postprocessing should be done everytime the
program produces xml on the end user machine. So preferably it should
be a part of the C++ program, while preprocessing we can do with a
script once during development. Anyhow, thank you, Boris.

Dmitry.