[xsd-users] Xsd file encoding.

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Jun 5 04:02:04 EDT 2012

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Chernov <diman4ik.chernov at gmail.com> writes:

> class cxx_________________;
>
> I guess I have a problem with xsd file encoding. My xsd is encoded
> with winows 1251 encoding. Is it possible to work with this encoding
> and how do I setup it up?

The problem is not really the schema encoding. I suspect you are using
Russian letters in your element/type names. Since you cannot use such
letters in C++ identifiers, XSD replaces them with '_'.

You can try to use the --reserved-name option to re-map such identifiers
to something in the Latin alphabet, however, I am not sure it will work.

What will definitely work is to change the element/type names in your
schema to use Latin instead of Russian characters.