[xsd-users] Compiling with boost 1.46

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Jun 1 15:07:53 EDT 2012

Hi Omkar,

Omkar Wagh <owagh at tower-research.com> writes:

> Did anyone get xsd to compile with boost 1.46?

At some point Boost removed functions from the filesystem::path
class that were used by XSD. We are planning to "fix" this in the
next release by getting rid of the Boost dependency altogether.

> I could only get it to compile with 1.44...
> What version of boost is xsd guaranteed to compile with?

We didn't try to figure out which version of Boost broke the
compatibility. The official binaries were build with 1.33.1,
which is a fairly old version. But if it compiles with 1.44,
then you should be fine using that version.