[xsd-users] Option --generate-xml-schema not typedef-ing all exceptions?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Jan 27 10:17:26 EST 2012

Hi Lyndon,

Lyndon <mail.lyndon at gmail.com> writes:

> I'm using xsd 3.3.0 with xerces 2.7.0 and noticed that when I use the
> --generate-xml-schema option for xsd, the resulting schema file doesn't
> typedef all of the possible exceptions like it did in previous versions.
> In particular, I noticed that xml_schema::no_type_info and
> xml_schema::not_derived were not included in the resulting xml file.  I
> just wanted to know if this was a bug.
>
> The command I used was:
>
> xsd cxx-tree --hxx-suffix .h --generate-serialization --generate-xml-schema
> xml_schema.xsd

When using the --generate-xml-schema option you need to use the same
"feature options" (i.e., options that turn on optional features) as
when compiling your actual schema file. In particular, the no_type_info
and not_derived exceptions are only used when handling polymorphic
schemas and are added to the generated file only if the
--generate-polymorphic option was specified.