[xsd-users] Glibc on recompilation

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Aug 17 06:42:31 EDT 2012

Hi Omkar,

Omkar Wagh <owagh at tower-research.com> writes:

> The makefile seems to be running xsd and then the c++ compiler every
> time I make changes to the schema so that's definitely not an issue.

While the makefile may re-compile the schema and then re-compile the
generated C++ files, it also needs to re-compile all the C++ source
files that use the generated C++ header files. Since you say that
if you clean and then re-build the project everything starts working
again, then the lack of this last step is most likely the cause of
your broken incremental build.

I suggest that you contact the author of the makefile and ask them
to add missing dependencies on the generated header files.