[xsd-users] [XSD] Mac binaries compatibility problem

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Oct 17 02:53:15 EDT 2011

Hi Jose,

Jose <jc.fernandez.navarro at gmail.com> writes:

>   "_curl_global_cleanup", referenced from:
>       xercesc_3_1::CurlNetAccessor::cleanupCurl()       in
> libxerces-c.a(CurlNetAccessor.o)

You need to add -lcurl when linking your application because you are
using static libxerces-c.a library which depends on the libcurl for
network support. Alternatively, you can configure Xerces-C++ not to
use curl, as you did in your followup email.

> Whereas in windows I get hundreds of : "undefined reference to
> ..'_imp__ZN11xercesc_3_11XXXXXXX ...." where XXX are names of functions.
> I'm sorry I could not copy and paste the output because it has been run on a
> virtual machine. I have tried the same in windows, compile xercesc with
> different compilation flags (always under mingw msys) .

Shared library support in MinGW is quite brittle so I suggest that you
try to build Xerces-C++ as a static library (--disable-shared configure
option).

Also note that these question are not really about XSD. If you have any
followup questions about any of these problems, please send them to the
Xerces-C++ user mailing list (you can find the address on the Xerces-C++
project page[1]) instead of to xsd-users.

[1] http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/