[xsd-users] Inheritance : Ways to get the real type

Bill Pringlemeir bpringle at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 29 14:05:18 EST 2011

On 25 Nov 2011, mjklaim at gmail.com wrote:

> I don't know if it's a common pattern but it seems that any tool I'll be
> writing for this language will require some kind of function table to do
> the right thing depending on the real type of some of my inherited types.

An alternative solution is to use customization, wrap the class and use
virtuals.  This is more work, but is probably most efficient.  You can
automate the wrapping with a makefile that has some generic rules and
possibly auto-generate the wrappers with some template code (not a C++
template, but like 'Makefile.in', etc).

Fwiw,
Bill Pringlemeir.