[xsd-users] Strange parsing ans serialization code with --char-type wchar_t

Романов Александр a.d.romanov at yandex.ru
Mon May 30 09:25:32 EDT 2011

Hi. I want to use wchar_t type instead of char. So, I expect object model is able to be serialized into\parsed from std::wostream. But the generated code for parsing from\serialization into stream uses std::ostream.

Btw, code for parsing URI or local file, by contrast, uses std::wstring to indicate a file name\URI in case of wchar_t, and std::string in case of char.

So, the question is how can I make xsd to generate serialization\parsing code that works with std::wostream?