[xsd-users] License and Portability

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Sun Jun 19 13:37:45 EDT 2011

Hi Joël,

Klaim - Joël Lamotte <mjklaim at gmail.com> writes:

>  - aoslcpp : a C++ (dynamic) library providing the XML parsing, model (all
> generated by xsd) and data requests (functions I'm adding)

This part is tricky. From your description it sounds like this library
can be used by itself without the aosdesigner application. If that's
the case the question is how much and what kind of functionality you
add (the data requests part). Will the users of this library be using
the generated code directly or will they use it through the functions
that you are adding? If the functionality you are adding is not
substantial and the primary purpose of aoslcpp is to provide XML
access (via XSD-generated code) then the FLOSSE probably won't apply.