[xsd-users] Hybrid between XSD and XSD/e - parsing serialisation approach from XSD/e, but feature set and interface of XSD

Vladimir.Michl at barclayscapital.com Vladimir.Michl at barclayscapital.com
Wed Jun 15 13:54:21 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am looking at XSD and XSD/e and I really like the way how both are written and the generated code, unfortunately the code is too slow when parsing or serialising.

I have compared XSD with XSD/e and XSD/e slightly more then twice as quick when parsing and about 3 times faster during serialisation. I have already done all the tips for XSD speedup from WIKI pages (Xerces initialisation, etc.).

What makes XSD slow is that transformation to DOM and then to C++ objects. XSD/e on the other side does not have all the features I would require.

Is there any way to pick best of both from XSD and XSD/e? E.g. The parsing/serialisation approach from XSD/e, but feature set and interface from XSD? And both the way that I do not need to write any glue in between them?

Regards

Vladimir

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Barclays. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the following link: www.barcap.com/emaildisclaimer. By messaging with Barclays you consent to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England (number 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays Group.