[xsd-users] Extracting line number information from C++/Tree mapping objects

Jonathan Cooper c_xsdcxx at jonc.me.uk
Mon Jun 6 04:59:28 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm having to do additional semantic validation on a document parsed
using C++/Tree, and would like to be able to report line & column number
from the original XML file. As far as I can tell, it seems like the only
way to do this is to maintain the DOM association and add user-data
containing the information to the DOM nodes during parsing, which seems
pretty evil especially using Xerces.  Is there an easier way I'm
missing?  Has anyone done this already and can provide sample code?

Many thanks,
Jonathan