[xsd-users] Running resultant CodeSynthesis XSD executable on an embedded ARM-9 Linux 2.26.30 system?

William Duffy wduffy at videologyinc.com
Fri Jun 3 15:45:07 EDT 2011

We are considering using the CodeSynthesis XSD to generate code that
will be compiled for and run on an embedded ARM-9 SOC with the Linux
2.26.30 OS.

I typically use Visual Studio 2008 as the IDE to write the code (and
test some features within the Windows environment), we then
cross-compile the code on an Ubuntu Linux system with the ARM-9 as our
target device. The executables (and libraries) are then built (or
copied) into the embedded system's image and executed therein.

To help us get started, what are the steps required to support the
resulting code from CodeSynthesis XSD.
I assume these steps are required:
    Cross-compile the xerces-c++ runtime libraries to execute on the
ARM-9 target
    Cross-compile the CodeSynthesis XSD runtime libraries to execute on
the ARM-9 target
    Build the project source code using the CodeSynthesis XSD running on
Visual Studio
    Cross-compile the resulting code for the ARM-9 target
    copy all libraries and project executable to the target system.

If such is possible, is there a guide available for cross-compiling and
installing the runtime libraries for both packages?
Are there install packages available for embedded ARM-9 systems?

Thanks and best regards,
Bill Duffy