[xsd-users] linker errors

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Jul 13 12:57:43 EDT 2011

Hi Brian,

B Hart <bhartsb at gmail.com> writes:

> I built the XERCES static library and I'm attempting to use it with the
> hello sample. I'm getting linker errors such as:
>
> Error    1    error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual __thiscall
> xercesc_3_1::Wrapper4InputSource::~Wrapper4InputSource(void)"

Quoting the Xerces-C++ 3-series build instructions[1]:

"If you are linking your application to the static Xerces-C++ library,
 then you will need to compile your application with the
 XERCES_STATIC_LIBRARY preprocessor macro defined in order to turn
 off the DLL import/export mechanism."

So adding XERCES_STATIC_LIBRARY to the preprocessor defines
should fix this.

[1] http://xerces.apache.org/xerces-c/build-3.html