[xsd-users] XSD - Error 2 trying to make hello world

Patrick Svaiter psvaiter at superig.com.br
Tue Jul 12 11:15:55 EDT 2011

2011/7/12 Boris Kolpackov <boris at codesynthesis.com>

> Hi Patrick,
>
> Patrick Svaiter <psvaiter at superig.com.br> writes:
>
> > And then I downloaded XSD for 64-bit architecture, extracted to
> > home/username/lib/ and tried to run hello world example.
> > What I get when I try to make is:
> >
> > ../../../../bin/xsd cxx-parser hello.xsd
> > ../../../../bin/xsd: 1: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
> > make: *** [hello-pskel.hxx] Error 2
>
> This is very strange. When I try to run make for this example, my
> XSD command line looks very different. There is definitely some
> misconfiguration. Can you show me the command line you are using
> to compile this example? Can you also try to run the XSD compiler
> from the command line, something like this:
>
> ../../../../bin/xsd --version
>
> Boris

When I try to run the command above, from the directory
/home/username/lib/xsd-3.3.0-x86_64-linux-gnu/bin  I get this message.

The program 'xsd' is currently not installed.  You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install mono-devel

I shouldn't have to install anything else besides xerces and extract
codesynthesis xsd, should I?
Shouldn't this xsd file work by itself?

About the example, what I did was go to examples/cxx/parser/hello folder and
the command I used was just make.
I did not modify anything from original files.

--
Patrick Svaiter