[xsd-users] ifc xml

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Jan 25 15:10:25 EST 2011

Hi Giuseppe,

giuseppe ferrari <giuseppe500 at yahoo.it> writes:

> Tomorrow I do the test because it takes me 3 hours to compile.

That's because you are using the file-per-type mode (--file-per-type).
I looked at the schemas and there is really no reason to use this mode.

One potential problem with the default file-per-schema mode is the large
size of the generated IFC2X3.cxx file. This may cause the C++ compiler to
run out of memory. You can, however, split it into several parts with
the --parts option to avoid this problem. Here is how I compiled the
schemas:

xsd cxx-tree --options-file ifc.options ex.xsd
xsd cxx-tree --options-file ifc.options --parts 10 IFC2X3.xsd

And the ifc.options file has the following options:

--generate-serialization
--generate-polymorphic
--namespace-map urn:iso.org:standard:10303:part(28):version(2):xmlschema:common=ex
--namespace-map http://www.iai-tech.org/ifcXML/IFC2x3/FINAL=ifc
--root-element iso_10303_28
--polymorphic-type uos
--polymorphic-type Entity

The resulting generated code should take much less than 3 hours to compile.