[xsd-users] FpML 5.1

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Jan 25 09:40:57 EST 2011

Hi Mike,

Mike.Ampleford at barclayscapital.com <Mike.Ampleford at barclayscapital.com> writes:

> This suggests that there are problems with the order in which things
> are being included in the generated code, I guess stemming from the
> XSD import statements.

Yes, that's exactly what happens. For example, mktevt and riskdef schemas
include each other and use each other's types in inheritance. For such
cases XSD cannot generate compilable code in the default file-per-schema
mode and we have to use the file-per-type mode (--file-per-type) instead.

I have created a page for FpML on the Wiki that provides a link to the
sample FpML 5.1 package that includes the necessary XSD options files
and the Makefile to build the schemas in this mode.

http://wiki.codesynthesis.com/Schemas/FpML