[xsd-users] Re: XSD and strange debugging effects

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Jan 10 11:24:24 EST 2011

Hi Jan,

In the future please send technical questions like these to the
xsd-users mailing list (which I've CC'ed) instead of to me directly.
This way other developers who may have experienced a similar problem
can provide you with a solution. Plus questions and answers will be
archived and available to others with similar problems. Also see the
posting guidelines for more information:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/support/posting-guidelines.xhtml

Jan Johansson <jan.johansson.mr at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Boris,
>
> I am (for the moment) studying WS-Discovery, and needs a good XML
> parser to do the job for me,
> so I use XSDCXX to produce the "plumbing" code. The schemes I use can
> be found at:
>
>  - http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope (soap envelope)
>  - http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-dd/ns/discovery/2009/01 (ws-discovery)
>  - http://www.w3.org/2001/ (xml)
>  - http://www.w3.org/2006/03/addressing/ (ws-address)
>
> The platform is Linux (fedora 14 for me).
>
> The code is working fine, but there is a very strange thing going on,
> and I can't understand
> why it is happening. You see, when I use Eclipse, Insight, QtCreator,
> DDD, or KDBG, then the parsing
> blows up! But when I am using GDB or CGDB (ncursor for GDB), the code
> runs fine.

Without know the specifics about how the parsing fails (is it a crash,
validation error, something else?), my first guess would be that the
directory where you start your application matters for some reason.

Boris

[The rest of the messages follows for context.]