[xsd-users] Integrating XSD generated classes into an existing C++ project

shubhgd at cs.vt.edu shubhgd at cs.vt.edu
Tue Feb 8 14:06:27 EST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to integrate XSD generated classes into an existing C++
project, however, am not able to find the best way to do this. What I
did and what I am looking for follows,
1. Created C++ classes (cxx and hxx) from an XML schema using xsd cxx-tree.
2. Need to include the classes generated in step 1 into an existing
C++ make project (it is a huge application with lot of dependencies
and all)
3. Tried to include the xsd generated classes as #include in the
main.cpp of the existing application, but got a lot of runtime errors
with error messages like
?DOMNode? declared as a ?virtual? field	 at external location:
/usr/include/xsd/cxx/tree/elements.hxx
  expected a type, got ?map?	            external location:
/usr/include/xsd/cxx/tree/elements.hxx
and so on.
4. Not sure how to integrate the two projects (XSD and the existing
application) seemingly.

Please let me know if any one has encountered such a problem or has a
clue on moving ahead with this. I might be doing something wrong
fundamentally, as have no experience in dealing with C++ projects. I
appreciate any kind of help. Thank you.

Thanks and Regards,
-S