[xsd-users] Question related to --show-sloc option!

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Dec 7 12:49:10 EST 2011

Hi Sampada,

Sampada Patil <sampada.patil1 at gmail.com> writes:

> Here is the same mail again, edited now the subject line :)

Please don't re-send the same question multiple times if you don't
get a reply. This mailing list is a best-effort support channel and
we answer questions if/when we have time. If you require more
predictable support, consider purchasing a commercial support
contract.

> I used --show-sloc option to check lines of code and it shows me ~ 30000.
> But my schema file is not so big (It is aroung 5000 lines) and while
> compiling i am using only --generate-serialization and --generate-ostream
> options.
>
> Why does it gives me so big number?

30,000 lines of C++ code for a 5,000 lines schema sounds about right,
especially considering that you use a couple of "--generate-xxx"
options. One way to reduce the generated code size is to specify the
document root with the --root-element option if your schema defines
multiple global elements and not all of them are valid document roots.

> Can I still use xsd data binding compiler without any problem?

I am not sure what "problems" you refer to. With 30,000 lines of
generated code you can use XSD under the GPL or a commercial
proprietary license. This amount exceeds the free proprietary
license limit so this license is unfortunately not available
to you. See these pages for more information:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/xsd/license.xhtml

http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/xsd/free-license.xhtml