[xsd-users] Purpose of as_double?

Ray Lischner rlischner at proteuseng.com
Sun Apr 3 12:03:49 EDT 2011

Using Code Synthesis 3.3.0, I am puzzled as to the purpose of xsd::cxx::tree::as_double<>, in serialization.hxx. Everything in double.hxx take as_double<double> as arguments, so if I customize the implementation of double, I need to reimplement all of the functions in double.hxx, anyway. Having as_double doesn't buy me anything. If, on the other hand, double.hxx defined only template functions and classes, I could specialize as_double for my customized type to ensure the x member is the equivalent value of type double, and my job would be done. Or am I missing something?

Ray Lischner,
Distinguished Member of Technical Staff
133 National Business Pkwy, Ste 150     t. 443.539.3448
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701                c. 410.854.5170
rlischner at proteuseng.com                     f. 443.539.3370

This electronic message and any files transmitted with it contain information
which may be privileged and/or proprietary. The information is intended for use
solely by the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, be
aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information is
prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please advise
the sender by reply email or by telephone (443.539.3400) and delete the message.