[xsd-users] out of memory problem

Wheeler, Bill NPO bill.npo.wheeler at intel.com
Fri Oct 22 14:33:34 EDT 2010

Hi,

   I'm using your tree parsing software (version 3.3 /w xerces 3.1.1) to process 1000's of XML files.  Well into the processing, the OutOfMemoryException in MemoryManagerImpl::allocate is thrown.  The strange thing about this is that I am nowhere near my memory quota when this happens (I'm less than 1/10 th of my limit).  After each parse op, I am always cleaning up the tree by calling "reset()" on the std::auto_ptr<> object holding the root of the parsed tree.  I should never have more than one parse op going on at any one time.

   Any idea what's going on here?  Is there some aspect to managing this that I'm not familiar with that explains this?

Thanks,

  Bill Wheeler