[xsd-users] relative paths and path lengths

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Thu May 27 11:55:18 EDT 2010

Hi Eric,

Eric Niebler <eric at boostpro.com> writes:

> We recently ran into an interesting problem with the xsd compiler. It
> seems that when resolving relative paths in include and import
> directives, it keeps concatenating them. Given a rich enough set of
> schemata scattered around a deep directory hierarchy, this ginormous
> relative path exceeds some internal maxpath, causing relative paths to
> fail to resolve correctly.

I checked and the oldish boost-filesystem version (1.33.1) that we use
to build binaries uses MAX_PATH as a limit in its implementation of
system_complete(). It also seems that newer versions of Boost have
this function reimplemented without this limit. I built an XSD 3.2.0
binary using the latest version of Boost (1.43.0). Can you give it
a try and see it helps:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/~boris/tmp/xsd-3.2.0-i686-windows-boost-1.43.0.zip