[xsd-users] Re: cxx-tree Hello example execution problem on AIX 5.3 using XL C++ v7

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue May 25 09:15:04 EDT 2010

Hi,

In the future please send technical questions like these to the
xsd-users mailing list (which I've CC'ed) instead of to me directly.
This way other developers who may have experienced a similar problem
can provide you with a solution. Plus questions and answers will be
archived and available to others with similar problems. Also see the
posting guidelines for more information:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/support/posting-guidelines.xhtml

tjpark at ubivelox.com writes:

> Dear Boris.

> I always appreciate your good binding tool.
>
> I downloaded code_synthesis_xsd on your web-site and used on HPUX(aCC)
> very well.
>
> It is a great tool for me to bind xml file.
>
> But, It doesn't work on AIX (XLC v7). - I downloaded xsd-3.3.0-powerpc-aix.
> tar.gz on your web site. -
>
> So, Could you kindly help for below issue?
>

> I tried with :
>
> xsd cxx-tree hello.xsd
>
> xlC_r -+ -o hello.o -c hello.cxx -I$(HOME)/lib/xsd-3.3.0-powerpc-aix/libxsd
> -I$(HOME)/lib/xerces-c/include
>
> xlC_r -+ -o driver.o -c driver.cxx -I$(HOME)/lib/xsd-3.3.0-powerpc-
> aix/libxsd -I$(HOME)/lib/xerces-c/include
>
> xlC_r -o driver.a driver.o hello.o -L$(HOME)/lib/xerces-c/lib -lxerces-c
>
> -       Location : $(HOME)/lib/xsd-3.3.0-powerpc-aix/examples/cxx/tree/hello
>
> It is compiled with no error.
>
> But, When I execute the binary file (driver.a), it failed with segmentation
> fault(coredump).
>
> Is there anything wrong with the compile step?
>
> Is there any other process that I should do?

We have tested XSD with IBM XL C++ 7.0 and everything worked fine.
Can you try to build the examples using the supplied Makefile by
running:

$ gmake clean
$ gmake test

In the above directory? If the example built this way works fine,
then you may want to check the make output for the xlC compiler
options that we use to build the example. In particular, I see
that we pass -qrtti which is absent from your command lines.