[xsd-users] xsd exceptions again

Eric Niebler eric at boostpro.com
Thu May 20 21:04:46 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Why don't invalid_utf8_string and invalid_utf16_string inherit from
::xsd::cxx::tree::exception? Or anything? Sadly, we only found this
problem after deploying in the field. I've asked before: is there a
COMPLETE list of exceptions I need to catch when I call a serialize
function? The list seems endless, and I can't find it documented
anywhere. Apologies if it is documented and I've overlooked it.

I'd like to make a feature request (again): *all* exceptions that
propagate out of any xsd function are part of a single documented
exception hierarchy, preferably rooted at a standard exception.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing