[xsd-users] cmake module

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue May 11 09:33:50 EDT 2010

Hi Benjamin,

Benjamin Schindler <bschindler at inf.ethz.ch> writes:

> What it does is it copies the xsd over to the build directory and
> compile it from there.

By "xsd" I assume you mean "xsd schema file", right?

> This might seem unintuitive but I wanted to have a self-contained
> build dir so I can support validation.

One alternative to having to have schema files around for validation
is to pre-compile them and embed the resulting binary representation
into the application executable. See the 'embedded' example in the
XSD 3.3.0 distribution for more information.

> I'm posting this here mostly to get some feedback and may be it's of use
> to some other people. It has taken a non-unsignificant amount of time to
> write :)

Thanks. I have added your .cmake file to the "Using XSD with CMake" Wiki
page. BTW, there is already FindXSD.cmake by Brad Howes on this page
which you may want to check out for ideas.