[xsd-users] abstract and substitutionGroup

Ray Lischner rlischner at proteuseng.com
Fri May 7 20:22:54 EDT 2010

>No, either <base xsi:type="Der2"> or <der1 xsi:type="Der2"> are valid
>forms since they both specify the actual type of the element which is
>not abstract. However, if the the base element itself were declared
>abstract:

><xsd:element name="base1" type="msg:Base" abstract="true"/>

>Then it is possible (thought I am not 100% sure) that the first version
>would have been invalid.

Is there a way we can get Code Synthesis to produce the second form instead of the first form when serializing to XML?

P.S. this time I attached working examples instead of the hand-transcribed stuff I posted earlier. The makefile is suitable for use in a subdirectory of xsd/examples/cxx/tree/.

Ray Lischner,
Senior Member of Technical Staff
133 National Business Pkwy, Ste 150     t. 443.539.3448
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701                c. 410.854.5170
rlischner at proteuseng.com                     f. 443.539.3370

This electronic message and any files transmitted with it contain information
which may be privileged and/or proprietary. The information is intended for use
solely by the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, be
aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information is
prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please advise
the sender by reply email or by telephone (443.539.3400) and delete the message.