[xsd-users] libcult 1.4.6 make problems

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Jun 4 14:40:03 EDT 2010

Hi Bidski,

Bidski <bidski at bigpond.net.au> writes:

> I have had problems with the pre-built binaries. Possibly because im
> compiling my projects with mingw and not visual studio.

What kind of problems are you having? The pre-build binary works fine
for both Visual Studio and MinGW. In fact, the binary that you are
trying to build yourself will be identical to the pre-built one.

> I understand that the guide is for Cygwin but its the closest thing
> I have to a guide for  MSYS (as far as I can tell).
>
> [...]
>
> Here are the first couple of lines of exception.o.d
> /mingw/libcult-1.4.6/cult/c:/mingw/libcult-1.4.6/cult/eh/exception.o.d \

Yes, here is the problem. The path contains ':' and looks broken. I
suggest that you either use the pre-built binary of use Cygwin to
build one yourself.