[xsd-users] cxx-parser: run time difficulties with KML21.xsd

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Jun 1 12:20:20 EDT 2010

Hi David,

In the future please keep your replies CC'ed to the xsd-users mailing
list as discussed in the posting guidelines:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/support/posting-guidelines.xhtml

David White <dawhite32 at gmail.com> writes:

> Thank you very much Boris for your reply.
>
> Firstly, let me apologise for putting the opengis target namespace
> in my email - this was not intentional as I am correctly using
> "http://earth.google.com/kml/2.1" as you suggest.

Does that mean you still cannot parse your XML documents with the
generated sample driver implementation? If that's the case can you
provide one such document so that I can take a look?

> In relation to kml and polymorphism, I have to admit I am a bit
> lost as to what to do.  I have read your (excellent) documentation,
> but find that the work required to write the pimpl files is more
> than I can achieve at the moment.

The sample implementations (that print the data) are actually there.
What you need to do is connect everything using parser maps.

> Have you already prepared implementation sources for kml?

No, the parser implementations normally have application-specific
logic. All this makes me think you have selected the wrong mapping.
What is the reason for you to use C++/Parser? Have you considered
C++/Tree which is much easier to use?