[xsd-users] XSD Libraries

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Jul 20 10:04:48 EDT 2010

Hi Brad,

Brad Howes <howes at ll.mit.edu> writes:

> Take for example the following scenario:
>
>     one.xsd: defines One
>     two.xsd: defines Two, derived from One
>     both.xsd: includes one.xsd and then two.xsd
>
> The C++ generation for two.xsd will generate two.hxx which does this:
>
>     #include "both.hxx"
>
> and both.hxx does this:
>
>     #include "two.hxx"
>     #include "one.hxx"

Yes, this is one of the cases where you need the file-per-type mode.
Unfortunately, it seems your choices are limited to using the file-
per-type mode (and enduring long compilation times) or cleaning up
the schemas.

Theoretically it should be possible to limit the file-per-type
generation to only certain namespaces (or files) so that you
can compile the schemas as two separate file-per-type executions,
one for GML and one for your schemas. However, this will require
quite a bit of work and I am not sure how generally useful such
a functionality will be.