[xsd-users] Problem in translating schema to C++ (following parser guide)

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Jul 5 08:15:34 EDT 2010

Hi Pedro,

Pedro <pmonteirorocha at sapo.pt> writes:

> pedro at Ubt-Pedro:~/Transferências/xsd-3.3.0-i686-linux-gnu/bin$ gdb ./xsd

Ok, I figured out what the problem is. The directory name which contains
the schema file that you are trying to compile has a non-ASCII character
('ê' in Transferências). For some reason this results in the crash. The
XSD compiler uses the filesystem library from Boost to represent paths
so I will have to dig into that to figure out what's wrong, which may
take some time. In the meantime, the easy work around that you can use
is to place your schemas into a directory with ASCII-only characters.

Thanks for helping to track this down.