[xsd-users] Problem with parsing xml documents containing Chinese characters

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Feb 22 09:37:27 EST 2010

Hi Tony,

Feng Tony <fengtr at gmail.com> writes:

> How can I use xsd to parse xml documents containing Chinese characters?
> I use "char" char type.

In this case Chinese characters will be encoded in UTF-8.

> If wchar_t was used, the element "<xs:enumeration value="°C"/>" in xml
> schema will be generated as L"\xB0""C" and the compiler complains:
> 1>.\SCL_Enums.cxx(5246) : error C2308: concatenating mismatched strings
> 1>        Concatenating wide "°" with narrow "C"

Hm, that's a bug in XSD. Thanks for reporting it. I have fixed it for
the upcoming 3.3.0 release. Can you download this pre-release binary
and see if it helps:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/~boris/tmp/xsd-3.3.0.b2-i686-windows.zip

> My project is to parse xml documents conform to IEC61850-6 standard

We have tested this schema with XSD (with --char-type char) and
everything appears to be working fine.