[xsd-users] Which library?

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Mon Feb 15 08:58:24 EST 2010

Hi Bidski,

Bidski <bidski at bigpond.net.au> writes:

> can anyone tell me why i am getting these errors?

This is a known bug in XSD 3.2.0 which has been fixed for the upcoming
3.3.0 release. Can you upgrade to the 3.3.0 beta and see if it helps:

http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/xsd/download.xhtml

Alternatively, you can just copy libxsd/xsd/cxx/tree/bits/literals.txx
from 3.3.0.b1 to your 3.2.0 installation.

> also, on a side note, is xerces-c_3D.lib not the debug version of the
> library? i ask because i am compiling my program in debug mobe and when
> linking with that library i receive the error "The application failed
> to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the
> application." but linking to xerces-c_3.lib resolves that issue.
>
> If you need to know, i am using MS Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 on Windows 7
> 64-bit.

Yes, xerces-c_3D.lib is the variant with debug information. However,
if you are using the version supplied with the .MSI package or if you
downloaded it from the Xerces-C++ website, then that library was built
with the previous version of VC++. It is possible that the debug
information in VC++ 2010 is incompatible with that in 2008. So I
suggest that you download the source code for Xerces-C++ and build it
with VC++ 2010 (you should be able to convert the 2008 solution to 2010).