[xsd-users] Preserving XML element order

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Fri Feb 12 12:48:56 EST 2010

Hi Barrie,

Barrie Kovish <barrie.kovish at singularsoftware.com> writes:

> We do need to add nodes to the tree so the last option appears to be
> out.

Yes, that complicates things. What kind of node insertion would you
need to perform? Just appending them at the end of the existing nodes
or inserting them at specific positions?

Also, will it be possible for you to send me your schema (in a private
email) so that I could take a closer look?

> I had a look at XSD/e and it looks like it won't support XPATH queries
> which is also a significant limitation for us.

No, there is no XPath support in XSD/e.

> Currently I am investigating using Xerxes.  This presents a much more
> complex programming model so is not appealing!

Yes, using raw DOM is always an option though not a very convenient one.
Let's see if we can figure out a way.