[xsd-users] Preserving XML element order

Barrie Kovish barrie.kovish at singularsoftware.com
Thu Feb 11 11:01:03 EST 2010

Boris,

There is probably another aspect of the schema I should mention.  The various element types are shared.  By this I mean the following:

 <xs:element name='W'>
  <xs:complexType>
   <xs:choice minOccurs='0' maxOccurs='unbounded'>
     <xs:element ref='A'/>
     <xs:element ref='B'/>
   </xs:choice>
  </xs:complexType>
 </xs:element>

 <xs:element name='X'>
  <xs:complexType>
   <xs:choice minOccurs='0' maxOccurs='unbounded'>
     <xs:element ref='A'/>
     <xs:element ref='C'/>
   </xs:choice>
  </xs:complexType>
 </xs:element>

So elements named A are shared between elements named X and W.  This sort of thing is used a lot in this schema.

Barrie