[xsd-users] S2S protocol with XSD.

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Feb 9 15:36:16 EST 2010

Hi Michael,

Michael Smith <smithatwork65 at gmail.com> writes:

> I've encountered the following problems. I wonder if they are problems with
> XSD or S2S schemas.

S2S schemas rely on the so-called multi-import technique where the same
namespace is imported via different schema files. The XML Schema spec
says that conforming processors are free to ignore any subsequent imports
or they can try to process subsequent imports and accumulate the grammar.
For more background on this issue see this blog post:

http://codesynthesis.com/~boris/blog/2010/02/02/xerces-cxx-3-1-0-released/

XSD 3.2.0 uses the "ignore" approach. For the upcoming XSD 3.3.0 we have
implemented the "accumulate" approach. The first beta for XSD 3.3.0 will
be released tomorrow. I have tried it on the S2S schemas (v1.3.1) and
was able to get past these errors (with 3.2.0 I got errors similar to
yours) but there are still a few issues that need to be worked out
(automatic anonymous type naming leads to unstable conflicts). I will
work some more on this schema tomorrow after the beta is released and
will send more information then.