[xsd-users] XML C++ Data Binding

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Tue Feb 9 04:41:28 EST 2010

Hi Howard,

howard.kidd at bt.com <howard.kidd at bt.com> writes:

> I have everything working with the cxx-tree generated code however
> am I correct in thinking that the cxx-parser generated code does not
> support serialization ?

That's correct, C++/Parser only supports parsing. If you are looking
for a similar mapping (i.e., event-driven, object model-less) for XML
serialization, take a look at C++/Serializer[1] in XSD/e[2]. While it
was designed primarily for mobile/embedded systems, if configured to
use STL, etc., it can also be used in general-purpose applications.

[1] http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/xsde/c++/serializer/

[2] http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/xsde/