[xsd-users] GML Processing

Boris Kolpackov boris at codesynthesis.com
Wed Feb 3 08:24:48 EST 2010

Hi Brad,

Brad Howes <howes at ll.mit.edu> writes:

> First, a big thanks to the to Code Synthesis for their great tool,
> xsd. I'm working on an FAA project looking into next-generation
> controller displays and xsd has proved to be an incredibly useful
> tool for adapting a C++ program written for another project so that
> it can read and write XML messages from/to Apache's ActiveMQ messaging
> service.

Thanks for the kind words. I am glad you find the compiler useful.

> Following the posts from Boris and others, I have a well-commented
> CMakeLists.txt file that generates a dynamic library of the GML C++
> classes. I have attached it for posterity and to help others out who
> may have to solve the same problem I did. Also attached is a
> FindXSD.cmake file that follows the conventions of other CMake
> packages to properly setup some CMake variables when working with xsd.
> Of course, all of this only works when using CMake.

Thanks for sharing this. I have uploaded both of these files to the
wiki and setup the "Using XSD with CMake" page based on your comments:

http://wiki.codesynthesis.com/Using_XSD_with_CMake

I have also added a note to the GML schema page:

http://wiki.codesynthesis.com/Schemas/GML